Monday, January 19, 2009

Bum bum bum: the flu!

Some of you might have heard that the flu is going around. Unfortunately, I was one of its victims. I wanted to blog about it in case you or a friend is unfortunate enough to have it as well, this way you'll know what misery to expect. I find in bad circumstances that if you know how much yuck to expect then you can hang in there til it's over. So here it is: On Thursday night I was pretty out of it, feeling tired and feverish. Friday fine again until dinner, feeling queasy the rest of the night. Since I wasn't feeling well, I was asleep by 10:30ish but then woke up to throw up around 11:00. The upchuckage continued every twenty minutes or so until 4 am."Oh God! Please let that be the last time!" I have never thrown up that much, leaving me weak and shaky. The next day I spent exhausted in bed sleeping most the day away. I threw up again around 8pm. "No, please not again!" Then, my angel of mercy came and took care of me, encouraging me to nurse down my diet of saltines and 7up.It's amazing how hard it is to get down saltines when your mouth refuses to salivate. Cherry peptobismal is really not as bad as I though it'd be, not chalky in the least bit. The best thing is, I got lots of hugs and a back rub. Nothing helps me feel better like being taken care of. The next day I of course overdid it with moving chairs, sweeping, cleaning etc at String Fling. I was feeling guilty for missing the entire day before. And then because I realized that I basically had no food in me since Friday lunch, I ate this huge bowl of MacnCheese. Mistake! Fortunately it didn't come back up with the help of some more peptobismal. Today is better, I feel rested and I've tackled some regular food. hooray! So important notes: the flu is going around. You should be careful. Please wash your hands, and don't share beverages or chap stick for a while :)

No comments: