Saturday, January 3, 2009

Dance Party Solo

So today wasn't the best day... But nothing fixes me up like a dance party through the house, preferrably while dressed up in rediculous clothing using everyday household objects as props, like a round glass 'microphone' or a curtain rod 'cane' or a chair for... :] Current wardrobe: short striped nightgown, tube socks, sparkly cardigan sweater, black beret hat, silver mardi gras beads ='s excellent! This kind of extravaganza is rare in the college years because students hardly ever have the house to themselves, haha I wouldn't subject my poor roomates to this kind of loud craziness. Putting away the dishes just seems so much better while dancing to the Moulin Rouge soundtrack, "Because We Can Can Can", "Diamonds are a Girls Best Friend!" of course loud singing is a must as well. Thank goodness no one is around. This kind of dance off with myself is freeing in the way that no one else can see me @ my craziest, goofy self. "Let the good times roll!" p.s. I miss the dancing days

2 comments:

nick said...

I'm a huge fan of solo bedroom dance parties, as well as solo road trip performances of Les Miserables.

I Dream of Scotland said...

I am more of a Bob Seger road trip performer myself. That and maybe the Eagles. As for my solo performances at home...those tend to lean more towards tactical attacks of enemies infiltrating the casa than dance moves, but I think it is a means to the same end.