Tuesday, December 2, 2008
So we broke up...and it's hard, but it feels right, and this is what he said---
Hey Lizzard,
I just wanted to say that I'm sorry about what happened tonight. I didn't intend to split us up this weekend, it just kind of happened tonight because it felt right. I know you are hurting, and I hope you know that I am too. It sucks that I managed to do this right as you're about to take a bunch of really important tests, but I hope you can get your mind off us and on that tasks at hand. I'm praying for you and cheering you on for the rest of this semester, peach. I love you very much and these last 3 and a half years have been the best of my life. I am the man I am today because I met you, Liz. I can never thank you enough for the awesome relationship I've had with you. You've done for me something that I could never repay: you introduced me and inspired me to Christ. That type of gift cannot be repaid. I just want to let you know how much I cherish everything that I've had with you, good and bad. I told you once that I would get rid of all of our keepsakes if we ever split up, but I'm telling you now that I'm going to hold onto them and cherish them all of my life. You are a spectacular young woman, Liz. You are talented, funny, inspiring, smart, and beautiful. You're everything that I could have ever asked for in a girlfriend and I want to thank you for everything you've done. I love you so much.
P.S. You and I both know that we cannot speak to each other for a while. How long is a while? As long as it takes for both of us to fully move on. That might be a couple months or more than a year for either of us. Just know that I don't want to forever sever contact with you, EJ. We're just too good of friends to do that. I'd also prefer not to stop being friends on FB. I promise I won't unfriend you this time :-). In Him.
--that means so much to me
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Now my mascara is running. Wow, Liz, God is so apparent in both of your lifes. While I know this time is heartbreaking, that e-mail he sent you was beautiful. Hang in there dear, let Him sustain you.
Post a Comment